Thursday, May 8, 2008
Mother's Day (Yogurt Container) Seed Pots
These precious little seed cups make a great gift for Mom... any day, or for Mother's Day!
- empty yogurt-sized containers (mini or regular size)
- popsicle sticks (one for each yogurt container)
- dirt (just enough to fill each cup)
- flower seeds or small annual plants
- glue or tape
- acrylic paint
- embellishments (scrap paper, rhinestones, glitter, ribbon, buttons, beads, glitter-glue, confetti, stickers, etc)
- empty 2-liter bottle (*optional to create mini green house)
1) Wash out an empty yogurt-sized container and dry thoroughly.
2) Paint the container using acrylic paint, set aside to dry.
3) Embellish the container with (scrap papers, rhinestones, glitter, ribbon, buttons, beads, glitter-glue, confetti, stickers, etc). *If your container has a plastic lid, consider decorating to use as dish underneath pot.
4) Set decorated pot aside to dry.
5) Fill pot with potting soil.
6) Plant either seeds or small annual flowers and water.
7) Use a popsicle stick (or something similar) to label what you have planted, and stick in pot.
8) *Place decorated lid beneath pot (to act as dish).
9) Give Potted plant to Mom for Mother's Day! :)
- Explore patterns when embellishing your pots.
- Create a spring-theme (bunnies, flowers, bugs, butterflies, etc).
- Write a Mother's Day message on your pot.
- Use the empty seed packet you planted as an embellishment on your pot!